In honour of our 12 Days of Christmas, I’ve decided to post 10 fun and bookish ideas to decorate your house. So if you’re ready to make your house wonderfully bookish for the holiday season take a look at some great suggestions from around the web.
1. Bookish Ornament from What have I done now? Looks like a fun and easy way to add some bookish fun to your Christmas Tree.
2. Fan of Snowflakes? Nerd Approved has a free pattern downloads for Game of Thrones House snowflakes. One of my coworkers has already tried it out and they work beautifully.
3. Christmas Wrapping. Not really a decoration, but I think these wrapping ideas from Alisa Burke would look lovely under the tree. Added bonus – I can reuse some of my old books. Guess I know what I’m going to do with my much loathed copy of Jane Eyre.
4. Sparkly Snowflakes. These snowflakes might be a little ambitious for me, but for the really crafty folks, these snowflakes from House Revivals would be a lovely addition around the house.
5. Antique Book Wreath. Every year my library has a workshop to make these and it couldn’t be more popular. Here’s a great example from Robeson Design that comes complete with a handy video tutorial.
6. Book Garland. On a budget? Have lot’s of old book? This garland from Jane of All Crafts looks pretty simple. On the right tree, I think this could look lovely.
7. Vintage Book Ornament. Another simple ornament to make from An Oregon Cottage. Love the idea of reusing some fancy buttons lying around.
8. Gift Tags. Came across this on Flickr and I love this simple way of creating personalized gift tags. Love the red ties as well.
9. Snowflake Picture Frame. Love this idea for a nice winter scene from A place 2 call home, and my sister has done something similar with scrapbook paper.
10. More Book Ornaments. I saw these over at Etsy and I think this is an awesomely nerdy idea. While I don’t think I could make one of these, this would be rather cool hanging on the Christmas tree.
And that wraps up my 10 bookish Christmas decorations. Try one or more out if you’re a crafty one. Stay tuned for Day 3 and get some fun gift ideas for the book lover on your Christmas list.